Thank you for choosing Abasin Linguistics Pvt Ltd (“Abasin Linguistics”) for your language needs. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
Abasin Linguistics is registered under Section 16 of the Companies Act, 2017 (XIX of 2017) in Pakistan. We collect personal information from our clients for the purpose of providing language services, and we may use this information to communicate with you, process payments, and improve our services.
We may disclose your personal information to our team members, affiliates, and service providers who need to access this information to provide you with our services. We do not sell, rent, or share your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Abasin Linguistics takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We have implemented security measures to safeguard your information, including physical, electronic, and managerial procedures.
Data we collect
We place a high value on our clients’ privacy.
Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose and safeguard your Personal Information, as well as how we respect any legal rights you may have.
In this Privacy Notice, “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to all Abasin Linguistic Services, Private Limited companies.
Even though this Privacy Notice applies globally, there may be differences in how we collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information depending on the country in which you reside, in which case we will notify you of the specific processing activities that occur there.
Abasin Linguistic Services Private Limited (with a registered office at 2 – Zaman Plaza, Shaheed Chowk 18300 Timergara Pakistan) is in charge of your personal information.
We mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual by “Personal Information” (also known as “personal data” or “personally identifiable information” in some jurisdictions).
This includes information such as your name, date of birth, and e-mail address, as well as information of a personal or private nature. Please check Section 3 for further information on how we gather Personal Information from you.
We mean any Personal Information relating to an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, or biometric data processed to uniquely identify that individual, data concerning health, or data concerning an individual’s sex life or sexual orientation by “Sensitive Personal Information” (also known as “sensitive personal information” or “special categories of data” in some countries).
It also contains information regarding a person’s criminal crimes or convictions, as well as any other sensitive information covered by applicable data protection legislation.
Quick Reference Guide
- Our Privacy Notice’s Scope
- Processing that is both fair and legal
- Where do we get your personal information from?
- To what extent do we have permission to use your personal information?
- To whom we may release information
- How do we keep your personal information safe?
- Your options for direct marketing
- Your legal rights
- How long will we keep your data?
- Transfers to other countries
- How to get in touch with us
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- Scope of our Privacy Notice
- Changes to the Privacy Notice
Our Privacy Notice’s Scope
This Privacy Notice applies to all Personal Information we collect, use, disclose, or otherwise handle as part of our business activities, including online and offline, that show, link, or \refer to this Privacy Notice, such as:
- Visit our online pages;
- Visit the pages of our official social media accounts;
- Our e-mail messages;
- Our apps; and
- Your conversations or correspondence with our staff.
We will refer to our online operations as “Sites” and our offline activities as “Services” throughout this text.
You should be aware that our Sites may contain connections to third-party websites, apps, and other services that are not under our control and are not covered by this Privacy Notice. We don’t bear any responsibility.
Processing that is fair and legal
Unless otherwise noted, we process your Personal Information for the purposes listed below with your consent.
We may seek your explicit approval to handle your Personal Information for a specific purpose in some situations, as required by local legislation.
We only collect, use, disclose, or otherwise process your Personal Information when doing so is both fair and legal.
In many situations, giving us your Personal Information is required for the fulfillment of your contract with us; if you do not wish to provide us with your Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
How do we obtain your Personal Information?
Personal Information obtained from you directly
To begin with, we may collect your Personal Information directly from you, such as when you join up for our newsletters, register on our Sites, purchase a product from us, complete a survey, make a comment or inquiry, or post something on our social media sites, among other things.
The following types of personal information may be collected in this manner:
- A physical address
- E-mail address; e-mail address; e-mail address; e-mail address
- User name
- Telephone number (and recordings when you call our consumer line);
- Credit card or other payment information;
- Date of birth;
- Product purchase and usage information;
- Household information;
- Information, feedback, or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences;
- User-generated content, posts, and other content you submit to our sites;
- In limited circumstances, information about your family or other individuals that you have provided to us. In such cases, we assume that you have the authority to share any personal information you provide to us about them;
- In limited circumstances based on your explicit consent or for carrying out our legal obligations or if necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, sensitive personal information such as information relating to your image, health (including information related to product usage and medical history), sexual life (and related behavior) and biometrics collected during volunteer consumer research studies (such as facial expression recognition, heart rate, and skin condition);
- Demographic information; or
- Any other personal information you voluntarily provide us with directly.
Personal Information is collected automatically
Second, when you access or use our Sites (or those of our third-party service providers operating on our behalf), some Personal Information may be gathered automatically, such as information collected by cookies and other technologies (such as web analytic tools and pixel tags) on our websites.
Personal Information collected this way may include:
- Information about your (mobile) device or your type of browser;
- Information about the way you use our websites, such as details of the web pages you have viewed, the banners and the hyperlinks you have clicked, etc.;
- Whether you have opened e-mails sent by us to you;
- The websites you have visited before arriving at one of our websites;
- Your IP address;
- The hyperlinks you have clicked;
- Your user name, profile picture, gender, networks, and any other information you choose to share when using third-party sites (such as when you use the “like” functionality on Facebook);
- Your Mac address;
- Information you choose to share by using social media tools incorporated in our websites or using your social media log-in details.
- Information you share with us about your location. Where we are required to do so by local law, we will only use that information where you have agreed that we can.
Personal Information obtained from other sources
Finally, we may obtain Personal Information about you from other parties.
Other possible sources include:
- Our trusted business partners;
- Social media sites;
- Consumer research organizations;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Intermediaries that facilitate data portability; and
- Other members of our group.
Personal information obtained in this manner may include hobbies and pets, consumer and market research data, buying habits, publicly seen data, or activities like blogs, videos, internet postings, and user-generated material.
For which purposes, may we use your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following business purposes:
- Based on your contract with us, handling and managing your purchase, for instance, to communicate to you concerning your purchase, process your payments, deliver the purchased products and services, and offer you the necessary customer service;
- Allowing you to participate in promotions, contests, surveys, and polls;
- Allowing you to share information and ideas on our social media pages, forums, blogs, and other communication channels, to participate in social sharing, and send messages to a friend through our sites or the websites of our trusted business partners;
- Better understanding your needs to provide you with more relevant information, analyzing and evaluating our corporate activities, testing, developing and evaluating new products and improving our existing products and services, conducting market research and audits, identifying user trends, and examining the degree of effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and degree of satisfaction of our customers;
- Telling you about our products and services, and sending you promotional materials (such as announcements relating to new products, promotions, savings programs, joint promotions, and other programs) relating to our brands and those of our carefully selected trusted business partners, subject to your consent to such marketing where required by local law;
- Managing our sites, and tuning the experience and content of our sites to your previous activities on our sites, because of personalizing your experience when visiting our sites;
- Responding to your requests or inquiries;
- Dealing with any product adverse events you report to us;
- Administering general record keeping; and
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements.
Your local law may require us to set out in this Privacy Notice the legal grounds on which we rely to process your Personal Information. In such cases, our use of your Personal Information is permitted by law because:
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests in the effective delivery of information, services, and products to you and in the effective and lawful operation of our business (in each case provided such interests are not overridden by your rights);
- It is necessary for taking steps to enter into a contract with you for the products you purchase, or for carrying out our obligations under such a contract;
- It is required to satisfy any legal or regulatory obligations that we are subject to; and
- In limited circumstances and if required by local law, you have agreed to us processing your personal information, such as when you opt into marketing, or processing with your explicit consent in the case of sensitive personal information, such as health information.
We may use Personal Information to produce anonymous data records by removing information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you.
We examine our products and services using this anonymized data. In our sole discretion, we reserve the right to utilize anonymous data for any purpose and to reveal anonymous data to third parties, including but not limited to our research partners.
To whom we may disclose your Personal Information
For the objectives outlined in this Privacy Notice, your Personal Information may be shared among our group’s various companies and brands. As previously stated, this Privacy Notice applies to the use of your Personal Information by all of these companies and brands.
Third-party service providers
We may share your Personal Information with trusted third-party service providers who assist us, such as marketing agencies, market research firms, e-commerce fulfillment partners, software, data hosting, and other IT service providers.
These third-party service providers are only allowed to use your Personal Information to provide the services we’ve requested or as otherwise instructed by us.
Other trusted third parties
We may also share your Personal Information with other trusted third parties, such as business partners, advertisers (where permitted by law), and data exchanges, to provide you with tailored content, such as more relevant advertising for products and services that may be of interest to you. These third parties may place and access cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies on your device to you with personalized information and advertising.
You may be able to log in to our websites and/or applications using a social network or another third-party account. “Log in with Facebook” is an example of a third-party login.
If you log in to one of our sites using a social network or another third-party account, we may be able to collect information from that social network or third party that you have permitted us to access. To authenticate you, the login feature may send information such as your username and password to the social network or a third party.
Your IP address, information about your browser and device, and the address of the web page you are accessing on our site may also be automatically collected by the social network or third party.
If another company acquires (part of) our company, business, or our assets, that company may acquire all or part of the Personal Information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, your Personal Information may also be transferred as a business asset, subject to applicable law.
We may disclose your Personal Information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary for our legitimate interest or prudent in light of our obligations under applicable law:
- In connection with any legal investigation;
- To comply with relevant laws or to respond to court our authority orders, subpoenas or warrants served on us;
- To protect or defend our rights in legal procedures; or
How we protect your Personal Information
We appreciate your trust in us. We have put in place necessary technical and organizational safeguards to protect your Personal Information against unintentional or unlawful deletion, loss, modification, unauthorized disclosure, or access, as well as other types of unlawful processing. We use several extra security technologies and procedures to assist protect Sensitive Personal Information while collecting or transferring it.
The Personal Information you provide us with is saved on computer systems in secure facilities that can only be accessed by a small number of people who need to know to perform their jobs and provide you with the services you’ve requested. When we process highly confidential information (such as credit card numbers) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption.
Your choices regarding direct marketing
If you have consented (opted-in) to receive such messages via e-mail or any other electronic channel, we may send you free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials connected to our products and services that we believe are beneficial to you periodically (where such opt-in is required under your local law).
If you no longer wish to receive such messages, you may “opt-out” at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each of our direct marketing e-mails or by contacting us directly. We may send you service messages identifying any revisions to our Privacy Notice, as permitted by applicable law (even where you have opted out of receiving marketing messages from us).
Depending on your location, you may have various rights concerning your Personal Information. In particular, you may have the right to:
- Request a copy of Personal Information we hold about you;
- Ask that we restrict how we use your Personal Information;
- Ask that we update the Personal Information we hold about you, or correct any Personal Information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- Ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you (the “right to be forgotten”);
- Withdraw consent at any time in the future to our processing of your Personal Information (to the extent such processing is based on consent);
- Object to our processing of your Personal Information (including for direct marketing purposes); or
- Request your data be transferred to you or another data controller (the “data portability” right).
In addition, we may use automated decision-making, such as profiling, to process your data in some instances.
This may entail segmenting and personalizing data for us to personalize our communications and products to your perceived needs. If we use automated decision-making to process your Personal Information, we will notify you of the logic involved, as well as the relevance and expected repercussions of such processing for you.
You may be able to opt out of automated decision-making, including profiling, depending on your area.
You have the right to file a complaint with your local data protection regulator if you are dissatisfied with how we handled your Personal Information or any privacy query or request you have made with us.
How long do we retain your Personal Information?
We will only keep your Personal Information for as long as it is reasonably necessary for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations.
When your Personal Information is processed:
- For the performance of your contract with us, we retain your Personal Information for 7 years following completion of a contractual order;
- For a meeting, legal and regulatory requirements, we retain your Personal Information as it is set out by the applicable law; and
- In all other cases, we process your Personal Information, depending on the type, for up to 2 years from the date of our last interaction with you.
We ask that children under the age of 16 do not provide Personal Information through our Sites because the majority of our Sites are not geared at them. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 16 who has registered on one of our Sites or who you suspect has supplied Personal Information to us in any other way, please contact us using the information listed below “how to contact us.” Other parties may utilize information freely provided by minors via e-mails, bulletin boards, chat sessions, and other means to send unwanted e-mails.
We encourage parents and legal guardians to teach their children how to use the Internet responsibly and safely. We may gather information on your children to offer you appropriate information about our products and services, depending on your area and as permitted by local legislation.
Transfers to other countries
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and processed in countries where the regulations governing the processing of Personal Information are less stringent than in your own country (including jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area). Where local law requires it, we will ensure that suitable procedures are in place to secure your Personal Information. A data transfer agreement with the receiver based on standard contractual clauses authorized by the European Commission could be an appropriate precaution. Further details of these transfers, as well as copies of these agreements, are accessible upon request where we are legally required to do so. You consent to your Personal Information being transmitted and used to the extent required and valid under your local legislation.
How to contact us
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments, questions, or complaints regarding this Privacy Notice or our processing of your Personal Information, or would like to exercise any of the rights set out at “your rights” above that are applicable in your location, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The last time this Privacy Notice was updated on Jan 01, 2024.
This is merely a notification to you, not a binding agreement between us. We have the right to change or edit it at any moment. We will update the revision date at the top of this Privacy Notice whenever we make changes to it. We’ll take steps to notify you if the changes are significant. From that revision date forward, the new modified or amended Privacy Notice will apply. Always double-check that you’ve read the most recent version of the Privacy Notice.